Cedar Point to remove DT and SS for Wing Coaster

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Cedar Point to remove DT and SS for Wing Coaster

Postby Kozmo 1 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:00 pm

http://screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

So that makes 4 family rides gone in 2 seasons. I really don't think they need another steel mega coaster. If there's one thing they NEED it's a decent new woodie.

Would be nice to get a bobsled coaster at Dorney though.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Re: Cedar Point to remove DT and SS for Wing Coaster

Postby Yoshi » Thu May 31, 2012 5:04 pm

I would have rather had the Bobsled than Stinger or Demon Drop. On some other sites I have seen people already saying sarcastically how it's going to Dorney. It's become a joke with enthusiasts that anytime a CF park gets ride of a ride, it will be going to Dorney.

I really don't like how all those family rides are being removed. It's the same with with Krazy Kars removed for Demon Drop and to a lesser extent Stinger in Laser's spot (not that I would call Laser a family ride but Laser had a smaller height requirement and has less inversions).

It seems like CF and SF are doing the opposite thing now. CF is removing the family rides and SF added 3 family rides and 1 thrill ride to Great Adventure since the park is really lacking tamer rides.
Yoshi

Postby dorneydude » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:45 pm

what did sf add...have been contemplating a trip but heard many flats and family rides are gone...also that at times 1/3 of coasters could be down...worth the risk if I score really cheap tix I guess....
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 am

Great Adventure actually added new flats this year. They're still sorely lacking shows, flats and family attractions, but the new flats are a great start. They include: Sky Screamer - a swing ride that goes up a tower, similar to the WindSeeker rides CF has been building, Air Jumbo - a family/kids ride that was removed from the Golden Kingdom area a few years ago, and Deja Vu - a retro themed Scrambler. They are also supposed to be opening new bumper cars, but they haven't even started building them yet.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:02 pm

They were supposed to be open by late June, at this rate August seems more likely. I'm really looking forward to them since I miss Krazy Kars.
Yoshi

Return to Industry Discussion