7/2/12

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

7/2/12

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:46 pm

I was near Allentown today and ran over to Dorney for a little over an hour. With it being a holiday week, I thought the park might be crowded than normal but other than WWK which had it's normal summer weekday crowds, the ride side was empty.

Talon was first with a 1 train wait, only 1 train of riders was being allowed in the station at a time probably because of Fast Lane which as usual, I didn't see anyone using.

Wild Mouse looked to be around 20 minutes, White Water Landing looked like it was around 10 minutes.

Hydra had a 1 train wait and then the station got empty, there were only 5 people on the train.

I went to Dominator Tubro Drop next, 1 cycle wait. For some reason the Space Shot side had a slightly longer line which seemed strange since it's usually the opposite. I saw Demon Drop had no one in line but I didn't feel like stopping there today.

Thunderhawk was also a 1 train wait, the ride was good in a non wheel seat.

Steel Force had no wait except for the front and Stinger was running but until the ride can run for 2 weeks without it getting stuck with riders, I'm not riding the coaster.

I finished the trip at Possessed, with a 1 cycle wait.

The 3 point challenge is back to $5, I guess the increase to $10 with a "free" Gatorade of bottle of water didn't work so well that they tried earlier this season.

Even though the ride side never gets that crowded when WWK is open, I was still surprised lines were so short.
Yoshi

Re: 7/2/12

Postby randomweirdo5 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Today, 3 pt was 10 dollars. I am going to guess during the weekends and holidays when the park is busier, the game is $10, but during the week, when the park isn't as crowded, it is $5.
randomweirdo5

Re: 7/2/12

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:11 pm

That sounds like what is happening, I'll have to see next time I am at the park on a weekend (although that probably won't be until Haunt).
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports