Skyrush!!!

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Skyrush!!!

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:15 pm

WOW. I could not find another word to better describe this coaster. Like many of you I have been on many coasters and consider myself to be a bit of a guru when it comes to the topic. The experience of Skyrush yesterday was quite different than everything else I have been on. First I must say that if you think 5 negative G points is all that this thing has, you are dead wrong. This ride features one of the most intimidating lift hills that I have ever seen, a near 90 degree 200 foot drop that feels greater than 90, and some of the most gnarly banks that I have ever experienced. I decided to trust the engineering and did not try to hold on at all. Doing so turns your entire body into a rag doll but it was fine for me as I am OK taking a beating. If you have gotten to a point where you are hard to thrill, give the front row of Skyrush a shot and try not to hold on (I dare you). Way to go Hershey. That was $25,000,000 well spent!
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Re: Skyrush!!!

Postby djw44 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm

I had a real problem with the lapbars, to the point I still have bruising on my legs a week later and my legs were falling asleep by the time we sat in the brakes forever. I rode it several times and I was disappointed. The ride layout is great, the lapbars are terrible though. They put all of the force on 3 inches of your mid thigh, causing a painful experience. The ride would be excellent if it utilized the B&M clamshell restraints.
djw44

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:15 pm

I agree that the other restrains are WAY more comfortable than the ones that Skyrush sports but I did not find this to be too much of an issue. I really liked that they have a safety belt holding them down, which is something that the clamshell restraints do not have. I am not saying that they are needed but it does provide a little more of the warm and fuzzy feeling...
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby Yoshi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm probably not going to get to Hershey this year but I heard rumors they might fix the restraints even more during the offseason. B&M Clamshell restraints are probably my 2nd favorite (after Schwarzkopf looper lap bars) coaster restraint so it's a shame to hear Sky Rush's restraints aren't as good as those.
Yoshi

Return to Industry Discussion