"Fear the Five"

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

"Fear the Five"

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:13 pm

So, if you've been in the gift shops, you'll notice they have a new shirt out with the five "Big" coasters on it saying FEAR THE FIVE.

:? Uhm, Is dorney really bragging about only having 5 major coasters? Does anyone else have an issue with this?

I personally think this is pathetic. Considering Hershey has what, 10? Great Adventure has.. how many? (I lost count) The only competing parks this makes you look better than is knoebels, and sesame place. :roll: and that last one isnt even competing. They better do something GOOD for 2014. Thats all im gonna say.

Does anyone EVER see a line at Stinger, every visit Ive had stinger had barely a station full.

Share your thoughts or opinions.
nathanaelerik

Re: "Fear the Five"

Postby Fun » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:04 pm

All the cedar fair parks have this t-shirt design.
http://marketplace.cedarpoint.com/Tee-B ... P1049.aspx

Honestly what does it matter what kind of t-shirts they sell?
Fun

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 pm

They have had that shirt design for years. I have one from 2007 with Talon, Hydra, Steel Force, Thunderhawk and Laser. I remember in 2008 they were making a big deal the park had 10 coasters only to go to 7 coasters a few years later.

The only 2 times I saw a line at Stinger was opening weekend last year on Sunday, it was 10 minutes and a Friday in May last year where there were a ton of school groups and it was 15 minutes. Otherwise I always see it being a walk on. I even had a ride at Stinger where I was the only rider on the train past year on a Sunday in September. Although to be fair since that Friday in May last year I have not waited more than 5 minutes for any coaster at Dorney.

Great Adventure has 13 coasters
Yoshi

Postby nathanaelerik » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 am

I have no problem with the Shirt design itself, and im aware they had similar designs in the past.

What is concerning to me, is that Dorney is proudly boasting that they have FIVE major coasters, and thats it.

Thats where I see the problem coming in, like, how can you brag with 5 coasters when your competition has 10 and 13 (thank you for the number) Coasters?

Maybe this is just me, :|
nathanaelerik

Postby Christina87 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:56 pm

I wish my fear the five shirt still fit that I had as a kid LOL! I know it had laser on it and of course my favorite steel force.
Christina87

Postby Velocity301 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Speaking of Stinger, that's where I'll be working this year. I'll be very busy with a ride of that nature. :roll:
Velocity301

Return to General Discussion