7/24/13

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

7/24/13

Postby Yoshi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Today was the most crowded trip to Dorney of the season for me. They were using the 2nd section of the main lot.

I got to the park around 3:30 and WWK was jammed so I went to the ride side first waiting 2 trains for Talon and riding the Space Shot side of Dominator twice with no wait (the Turbo Drop side had a wait).

Walking back to WWK I saw Thunder Canyon had at least a 45 minute line and Wild Mouse looked to be about the same.

Around 5:00 crowds got lower in WWK and by 5:45 lines were 0 - 5 minutes for the most part. I also stopped at White Water Landing waiting a little less than 10 minutes. By the time WWK closed at 7, I was able to get 16 slides in and go into Island Water Works for a few minutes. The green tipping bucket is now working again and the closed off part of the 3rd level is fixed.

After WWK closed, everyone moved over to the ride side. Talon's line looked to be around 15 minutes. Thunderhawk was a 1 train wait and surprisingly was running 2 trains. I can't remember the last time I saw Thunderhawk running with more than 1 train especially on a weekday.

Steel Force had a line of around 10 minutes, Stinger and Possessed looked to be around 15 minutes. I went back to Talon around 8:15 and the line was gone.

Most of the flat rides had longer than normal lines too. Monster had a 2/3 full queue and Tilt a Whirl had almost a full queue.

There are signs up advertising Haunt and I can't believe it is only 7 weeks until Haunt starts. The season is going by way too fast.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports