8/22/13

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

8/22/13

Postby Yoshi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 pm

I was about 20 minutes away from the park today so decided to go there for a few hours.

The lot wasn't too crowded for August I guess because of the forecast.

I rode Talon and Hydra both with no wait and then went over to WWK.

Unfortunately there were reported storms nearby so all the slides closed and the only things open were the lazy river and Riptide Run so I got in line for the lazy river but that closed too a few minutes later.

There was some thunder and then it rained for about 20 minutes. After the rain stopped, Riptide Run and the lazy river reopened and then the slides reopened a few minutes later. The rain caused mostly everyone to leave and WWK was empty with no lines for the slides. Even though everything was closed for almost an hour, from 6:10 to 7:00 I was able to ride Riptide Run once and go on 15 slides so it worked out ok. The Speed Slides were closed.

After WWK closed I went to Thunder Canyon with no wait and had to get home before 9:00 so left after that.

I can't believe WWK will be closing for the season in a week in a half and there are just over 2 months of the season left. This season is going by way too quickly.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports