8/27/13

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

8/27/13

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 pm

With it being the last full week WWK is open I decided to take one last trip to the park before probably only going to the park a couple of times during Haunt.

I was going to start at Thunder Creek Mountain but it looked like the line was at least 20 minutes to I went to Dominator instead walking onto the Turbo Drop side. I then went to Thunder Canyon waiting around 10 minutes.

After Thunder Canyon I went into WWK and got 12 slides in and spent around 15 minutes Island Water Works since there speculation it's leaving at the end of the season. The Speed Slides were open but even with those slides rumored to be leaving too, I don't like them that much and didn't feel like waiting 15 minutes for them. It was also nice to see everything open except the 2nd lazy river and possibly the larger wavepool and all the slides were running. In past years during the last week of August, they sometimes didn't have all slides open or only a few of the slides of a tower open instead of all of them.

After WWK closed, I went back to Thunder Canyon and then tried Thunder Creek Mountain again this time getting to ride the flume since it was only a few minute wait.

I was done with the water rides after that and went back to the top of the park and rode both Talon and Hydra with no wait. Dominator had just the Turbo Drop side running since the Space Shot side was broken down but there was no wait.

After Dominator I went to Thunderhawk with no wait. I got a non wheel seat but it was still rough during the first part of the ride from after the first drop to the turn around. Steel Force also had no wait and I finished the trip with a ride on Possessed also with no wait.

It seems like WWK had just opened for the season and in less than a week it will be closed again until May of next year. I'll probably get to Haunt a few times this year but after Labor Day most of my park trips will be back to Great Adventure.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports