Is there anyway DP will let us in at 9:00am?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Is there anyway DP will let us in at 9:00am?

Postby DPfan2014 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 am

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was anyway the staff could let us in at 9:00am. Nothing is finalized yes but here is my plan:

I'm planning a school bus trip to Dorney Park consisting of 56 passengers (including me). I/We live somewhere in Delaware County, PA. To lower the cost of the trip, I want my/our driver to travel the 1hr, 35min route that lacks tolls but that's not related to the Park. But what is related to the park is the fact that instead of paying those BLOODY TOLLS we could pay DP to let us in a whole hour early since DP usually opens at 10:00am instead of 9.

What shall I do?

Just to share my DP experiences, I went there three total times, all of which being school trip. This fourth time (if we go this year) will be my first outside-of-school trip, though we are using a school bus and we are being picked up and dropped off at the high school from which I graduated.

My 7th Grade trip was my worst trip! :x Well, it wasn't that bad except that I had to go with a chaperone and until when it came time to go home, there was a big fuss because there was a huge delay because one of our buses got lost. Going to DP however, we boarded the buses at 9 am and returned to the school at 8 pm

My 8th Grade trip was my BEST trip! :D I didn't need a chaperone that time! I got to be with my friends the whole time! All the buses were on time, going to and coming from DP! We all had fun. And unlike the previous year, we were allowed to eat and party on the bus. The bus left the school at 7 am and we came back at like... 7 or 8 pm? I don't really remember but my second time was the best!

My 11th Grade trip was... meh... in the middle. Not as exciting and enjoyable as my 8th grade trip but nowhere as disappointing as the 7th grade trip.
DPfan2014

Re: Is there anyway DP will let us in at 9:00am?

Postby LPFan93 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 am

You could try calling guest services about getting in an hour early, but I'm 99% sure they'll say no. The reason being, a lot of younger minors work the morning shift at the park, and it would be too difficult for the 5+ departments to reschedule the shifts for such a small group of people. If they could make this happen, it would be for an unreasonably high fee. The only other possible option would be to possibly plan your trip on one of the days season passholders get early entry (which is at 9:30, and usually only one or two rides open then) and maybe you could get your group in then. I've worked at the park for 3 summers and bus loads of schools, camps, etc. come to the park every day of the summer, and I've never heard of them letting a group in early. So good luck, but I doubt it'll happen.
LPFan93

Postby Yoshi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:01 pm

I think there is a chance it will be possible but as mentioned above it will be very expensive. It doesn't seem any different when the park opens early for a coaster enthusiast club or trip but then its only a few rides open.
Yoshi

Postby DPfan2014 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:59 pm

UGH! Well thanks anyway you guys for responding. That's a bummer.

Like I said in my stories, on my 8th grade trip, we had to be at the school and ready to catch the bus at 7am. The year before that it was at like 9 or 10am. My guess was Dorney Park was open early the second year.

Did DP ALWAYS open at 10:00am? I just looked it up on Google Maps and saw it only takes about an hour to get from my middle school (the one i went to) to Dorney! So what, did they let my school in at like 8 or 9 am? I don't remember but we did have to get to the school to meet the bus at 7 am.

I wanted to have to catch the bus at 7am so that's a disappointment. That sucks. I don't remember how much they charged us in second grade but if my memory is straight, we had to pay $50 per person on my 8th grade trip.

Damn. :(
DPfan2014

Postby coasterluver » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:40 pm

Your best bet would be to contact the group sales department. They are the only ones who can plan something like that. I have seen a few occasions where groups were let with season pass early entry, but never did I ever see the rides open too, just the early admission at 9:30AM and the rides would open at 10:00AM. Its still a long shot, but Group Sales would be the only ones who could really make that exception.
coasterluver

Postby HK36 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm confused as to why you need to get in at 9:00am and not 10:00am... Good luck but I'm almost positive the answer is going to be No.
HK36

Postby MarinersMunchies » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:58 am

This is as comical as it comes. The short answer is "no" followed be deaf silence.

However, if you want your whopping 56 people to pay 1000 times the entry price, sign a liability waiver and pay the employees yourself.....well then you might just have a shot of getting in an hour early.

PS: I hope this trip is one par with your 7th grade visit. Sounded amazing. If not, blame it on the loss of innocence (puberty) that occurs sometime between then and 11th grade when you had your meh experience.
MarinersMunchies

Return to General Discussion