Steel Force Stuck

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Steel Force Stuck

Postby pc215 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:18 pm

I was at the park on Sunday May 25th but did not get to see this happening. Apparently Steel Force was stuck at the top of the lift hill and the riders had to be rescued or evacuated. Heres a video of it on youtube.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgth6RhuaR8 . Did anyone else see this happening? The ride did reopen because i rode it after this happened.
pc215

Re: Steel Force Stuck

Postby Steelforceguy » Sat May 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Evacs happen from time to time but it's not like they had to repel down a dangling rope from 200-feet up.

Believe it or not some ride ops like to climb the lift from time to time in the mornings before the ride opens just for the fun - um I mean to make sure the phones work. :D
Steelforceguy

Postby coasterluver » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Evacuations are a "fairly" common occurrence in the amusement industry. People take it a lot more seriously than it really is though... I was there watching, and I found it funny how the ride was re-opened within 15 minutes of the completion of the evac.
coasterluver

Postby mandylouwho » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:47 pm

I was there Monday when it was stuck on the break line before the drop in the middle of the ride. There was no evac but someone had to come up to "move things along".
~Mandy
"If you can't think of something nice to say, come sit by me."
mandylouwho

Return to General Discussion