Dorney Park 2015

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Dorney Park 2015

Postby Hauntguy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm

I suppose since the 2014 season is upon us, its never too early to begin thinking about the future of the park in 2015. With that said, I know there are heavy rumors of a GCI woodie, but I just can't see that happening until 2016. Without anything I have heard, I hope we can receive a midway renovation/new flat rides like Valleyfair is getting with Route 76 this year. I think since WWK is getting a major overhaul this year, it'll be Dorney's turn in 2015. What do you guys think 2015 will bring us?
Hauntguy

Re: Dorney Park 2015

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Screamscape is reporting a rumor that this could be WWK at Geauga Lake's last year. If that really happens, maybe their Tornado would be sent to Dorney (the other major slide complex they have is 7 slides which seems like a lot for Dorney). With how popular Snake Pit is, I could see another water park addition next year.
Yoshi

Postby MarinersMunchies » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:04 am

It's already been hinted towards (npn I believe) that we could see more water park additions in the near future. Makes sense if true. Something up near the new wave pool would be nice.
MarinersMunchies

Postby Kozmo 1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:14 am

I could care less about the waterpark, heard about the GL WWK situation too. I hope they can get a hand down for the waterpark and a nice flat package and maybe a new restaurant or something down on the Laser midway, and hopefully Stinger gets scrapped too.

Some sort of smaller steelie would be nice down there and improve things for families in the park. Something like Flying Dutchman would be great, doesn't need to be that size either, just like Wildcat from CP would be cool. I really don't understand why that style hasn't made a comeback in the modern age yet. The Wild Mouse was offered by all the major manufacturers in the late 90's. Time for the Wildcat style to come back. Would be a perfect centerpiece for a midway improvemnent project down there.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby Hauntguy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Couldn't agree more with you Kozmo, a restaurant and flat package is much overdue down by stinger/possessed. Removing Stinger gives you even more room and potential to work with.
Hauntguy

Postby MarinersMunchies » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:05 am

I visited the park this past weekend and had a great time with the family. Looked high and low for construction and was unable to find anything, but that is to be expected given it's mid-June.

If we're not getting a big ride on the amusement side, then a make over like Cedar Point/Valleyfair received is probably a good bet. Aside from Possessed, the entire lower midway is a disaster. With Scorpion down, the old games shack closed and stacked with "claw" prize machines and that dead end, it's just sad. That area is not on par with the remainder of the park.

Something else the park should be commended on is the amount of trees. While it'll never be a Knoebels, they've really grown in and given a nice appeal to the park. It wasn't long ago that enthusiast complained about tearing down trees and replacing everything with bright concrete.

On the water park side, I love what they did. Snake Pit is a great addition and really brought the park to a whole new level. The drop slides are a big hit. I'm guessing that if another water addition goes in it will be to the left of the newer wave pool. The walkway between it and Patriots Plunge is just too long and there is a lot that can be done with a reconfigured Season Pass lot.
MarinersMunchies

Postby Hauntguy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Being that its coming up on July tomorrow, does anyone expect an announcement coming within the next month/month and a half?
Hauntguy

Postby LPFan93 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Hauntguy wrote:Being that its coming up on July tomorrow, does anyone expect an announcement coming within the next month/month and a half?

Let's hope so!
LPFan93

Postby Hooky965 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Honestly, I'd be kinda surprised if any kind of announcement about the inevitable euthanizing of the Stinger experiment would come before the end of the summer. To that end, I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't come after the park closed for the season after haunt. I think that there's been so much press out there about this whole thing, that they may be waiting for the park to be dark before announcing anything. I know that park fans want to know what is going to happen, but I think that the brass might have already lived through enough to dredge it all up again with an in-season press release.

Of course, I could be proven wrong tomorrow, but....
Hooky965

Postby Steelforceguy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Hooky965 wrote:I know that park fans want to know what is going to happen, but I think that the brass might have already lived through enough to dredge it all up again with an in-season press release.

Of course, I could be proven wrong tomorrow, but....

If the park would just reveal a twisty Rocky Mountain coaster for 2015, there wouldn't be any attention paid to them making a large deposit at the scrap yard! Stinger....what Stinger? :mrgreen:
Steelforceguy

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:33 pm

While scrapping Stinger would be ideal, I dont see that happening for a year or two more. Its going to happen, for sure, but i wouldnt bet on it being 2015.

I like that rumour about Dinos Alive leaving and being replaced with a woodie. That would be best.

And I second that statement about the lower midway, what the heck are they doing!?!?
Obviously a windseeker was planned at one point, but clearly its not coming. So..lets get moving on adding other things.
nathanaelerik

Postby LPFan93 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm

I doubt Stinger will be removed. The issue was a pretty big issue that they even removed the train. As of now, the train is back on the track so they're clearly trying to get the ride running again and I can't see them removing it a few months after spending money to repair it. But Dino's needs to go, it's in the wrong place. It would probably be more successful if it were Planet Snoopy's neighbor, but they're on opposite sides of the park. And I also agree, the midway down there is pretty dull.
LPFan93

Postby pc215 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 am

I hope Dorney gets an announcement of some sort soon or even a teaser for 2015. Im hoping on a GCI woodie but it would be awesome to get a B&M hyper coaster like Leviathan. Not sure that would happen though.
pc215

Postby Dorneyman27 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm pretty sure there will be no coaster. We would have seen evidence by now. Hopefully more waterpark expansion for 2015 and coaster in 2016.
Dorneyman27

Postby LPFan93 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Dorneyman27 wrote:I'm pretty sure there will be no coaster. We would have seen evidence by now. Hopefully more waterpark expansion for 2015 and coaster in 2016.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to think the same. For the past few years there's been rumors of a new coaster but it never ends up happening, and I think this year will be no different.
LPFan93

Next

Return to General Discussion