Stinger train back on

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Stinger train back on

Postby mandylouwho » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 pm

When I was there with my kids last week we noticed stinger had its train back on.

Word is they are trying to get it up and running ASAP. Not dismantling it like some rumors have said.
~Mandy
"If you can't think of something nice to say, come sit by me."
mandylouwho

Re: Stinger train back on

Postby Hooky965 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Very curious.....VERY curious.

I can't imagine what there is to gain by doing this at this point. About the only thing that the ride has done since it's been here is to be a very public testament to the fact that it shouldn't have been here in the first place. BTW, I'm not a hater....I don't mind a boomerang coaster, actually enjoy them. I just can't imagine that the flaws which have been presumably engineered into that ride and have been proven out over it's life in both parks, could have been solved in the two months that it's been SBNO.
Hooky965

Postby mandylouwho » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:41 am

Not many people like this coaster, its been widely noted in the coaster community. However, it makes me question the investment if they are so intent on getting it back to working order. The Zephyr ride has also taken a deep drop in authenticity and scenery since its been put there. I think that area should be a tot area, and possibly a nice woodie. Good woodies never get old! :mrgreen:
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby jscll » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 am

A better place for a woodie would be in the unused woods to the West (there is about three acres of unused woods that the zoning documents say they are allowed to build in.)

Back on subject, when I was last there on the 11th, there was a large amount of welding equipment behind Stinger. It looked like chain guides (long thin pieces of metal) were being either fixed or modified.
jscll

Postby nathanaelerik » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:55 pm

My question is, How many more incidents and how much more money is Dorney/Cedar Fair willing to spend on fixing this piece of junk?

And, what are they going to do with all the press around the ride. :|
nathanaelerik

Postby dorneydude » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 am

Hey I just heard they are dumping Stinger.....they worked out a deal with SF to get Ninja
..(hehehehe) :lol:
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby mandylouwho » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 pm

I hope they have changed their minds about Ninja:

A. Its a rough ride.
B. It just de-railed. So probably not the best idea.

They need something awesome and epic.

An Intamin coaster would be my vote. If they used that wooded area behind stinger they could put one in. I imagine a cool 25 mil could change the landscape a bit.
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby The Revenge » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:49 pm

I am pretty sure he was just joking they're not actually getting Ninja. And Ninja isn't rough at all it is actually a pretty awesome ride and looks as if you will hit the supports the entire ride. It was just a freak accident that a branch broke and fell onto the track.
The Revenge

Postby mandylouwho » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:44 pm

My apologize. Didn't mean to offend.
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby Hooky965 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:34 pm

No worries ManydL, I don't think you did. T's good to hear from a new poster. 8)
Hooky965

Return to General Discussion