Dorney Park's HAUNT website updated!

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Dorney Park's HAUNT website updated!

Postby DPInsider » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:41 pm

It's not very hard to find Dorney's HAUNT website, and I was surprised to find all the information about the new attractions. From the looks of it, there will be 3 new attractions (one of which is exclusive to Fright Lane customers), and one new show. Though they're still listed online, Psycho Circus and Cut Throat Island will be replaced.

Here's the links to the new attractions (click the links for descriptions):
Madame Plarr's Chamber Of Horrors (replaces Psycho Circus):
https://www.dorneypark.com/haunt/ride/M ... /cat/Mazes
CarnEVIL (Replaces Cut Throat Island, will be similar to Psycho Circus but in a Scare Zone):
https://www.dorneypark.com/haunt/ride/C ... re%20Zones
Blackout (For Fright Lane customers only, will be located inside the building that houses the Talon games a.k.a. the stock room):
https://www.dorneypark.com/haunt/ride/B ... /cat/Mazes
DPInsider

Re: Dorney Park's HAUNT website updated!

Postby Hauntguy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Besides Blackout, I'm glad they aren't adding more attractions but constantly changing the lineup. Glad we finally get a circus themed scare zone on top of a new museum concept we haven't seen yet in Madame Plarr's(which I think is a history reference to Robert Plarr, who owned Dorney way back when). I wonder what they will be doing with the enormous Cut Throat Island props.
Hauntguy

Postby BriannaAshley » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi everybody, Brianna here. Ashley is my middle name. I love the Haunt, it seems to get better every year! I'm not an employee, just a visitor. I am curious what Blackout will be. Is it an indoor maze? Why is it only for Fright Lane holders? That means we have to pay money to visit it. Madame chamber of horrors sounds cool, it's in the arcade where the clown one was last year? What is it exactly? A walk through maze themed to horror scenes? I'm gonna bring my friends to see this. Bye, Brianna.
BriannaAshley

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:25 am

Blackout is probably Fright Lane only since it is likely to be very low capacity. It sounds similar to Total Darkness that Great Adventure added last year. That was where a small group entered and the first person had a flash light and everyone held a rope so they would stay together. I can't believe Haunt starts in just over a month. It seems like it was just opening weekend.
Yoshi

Postby DPInsider » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Hauntguy wrote:Besides Blackout, I'm glad they aren't adding more attractions but constantly changing the lineup. Glad we finally get a circus themed scare zone on top of a new museum concept we haven't seen yet in Madame Plarr's(which I think is a history reference to Robert Plarr, who owned Dorney way back when). I wonder what they will be doing with the enormous Cut Throat Island props.

I agree with the not adding more attractions, they have a hard enough time as it is to find enough actors for the current number of attractions. As for Blackout, I think Yoshi's theory is very close to how it's going to be. I'm guessing it won't require any additional actors, so adding it won't really do any harm. And since it is Fright Lane only, it probably will be extremely low capacity. As for the Cut Throat Island props, my guess (I have no evidence to back this up) is it will be moved to WWK for the treasure hunt thing they do during Boo Blast. I don't think they'll just scrap it or anything.
DPInsider

Postby BriannaAshley » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Hey, but there seems to be a lack of attractions at the lower end of the park. Asylum is the only indoor haunt down there. And it's quite a hike from the upper end of the park to Asylum and back. They removed the camp one where the dinos are now and the western one in the go kart track. All of the recent additions past few years have been at the upper end of the park, except for head hunters and age of darkness. Any chance they'll add any new indoor haunts elsewhere in the park in the future?
BriannaAshley

Postby dp45879 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:59 pm

The hearse is up at the park and CTI is still on it.
dp45879

Postby Hauntguy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:36 am

^I noticed that too. It looks like they plan on keeping Cut Throat Island and adding CarnEvil according to the logos on the back of the hearse. Can anyone confirm this? The Musik Express/Apollo/Games Midway would be a perfect fit for a circus/carnival themed scare zone.
Hauntguy

Postby jscll » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:28 am

Apparently the park does on occasion read fan forums. They took down the haunt website, presumably until they are done updating it.
jscll

Postby Ron » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:48 am

Cut Throat Island is still going to be there. It will be located by the Wave Swinger.
Ron

Postby coasterluver » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Got to try the attractions tonight at the employee preview, here are my opinions on the new additions.

CarnEVIL: Pretty good for a scare zone but its very small and has only a few actors.

Wax House: It was really interesting to walk through and it was really cool how you couldn't tell what was real and what was fake, but still not my favorite.

Blackout: By far the best addition. Its really too bad its only Freight Lane, cuz that has got to be one of the best Haunt attractions. It is extremely dark in there and all you get is a small flash light, and the actors all blend in to the walls. You really have NO way to see any actors and its also surprisingly long too, but the best part was that in this one they actually get to touch you. They don't go around and grab you or anything, but they brush up against you and that stuff. Its really cool and probably would make Freight Lane worth it just to try it out, in my opinion.
coasterluver

Postby dorneyflynn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 pm

does anyone know the soundtrack in chamber of horrors? i love that music in there! and if anyone knows any other songs played in the other attractions, feel free to tell me them!
dorneyflynn

Return to General Discussion