Hang Time to be removed

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Hang Time to be removed

Postby coasterluver » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:27 pm

I spoke with and got confirmation from multiple employees that Hang Time will be removed before the start of this season.
coasterluver

Re: Hang Time to be removed

Postby Yoshi » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:21 pm

I wonder if the water feature that they later removed caused permanent damage or it's just the ride itself having problems. It seems like almost every time I was at the park the past season, the ride was temporarily closed for part of the day.
Yoshi

Postby jscll » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:05 pm

This does not surprise me at all considering it has been being run on a tamed cycle in recent times. I wonder when the park was planning to tell us and update their web site? I would also be very interested to know if the park has any immediate replacement plans.
jscll

Postby dorneyflynn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:06 pm

i love hangtime hopefully they don't remove it! and it was removed from the website
dorneyflynn

Postby nathanaelerik » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
I Love Hang Time!

...and you know if its removed itll sit there as an empty space forever.

Also.... the resource is to be questioned. NOWHERE else is reporting this.

EDIT: Didnt see that it was taken off the website.
nathanaelerik

Postby Yoshi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:15 pm

Kind of funny that the first image on the thrill rides page before you get to the individual ride list under thrill rides is a large picture of Hangtime.

If you search for it through a search engine, the page is still online though:
https://www.dorneypark.com/rides/Thrill-Rides/Hang-Time

Although that probably doesn't mean anything since this page is still online too:
https://www.dorneypark.com/rides/Wildwa ... iptide-Run
Yoshi

Postby coasterluver » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:00 pm

nathanaelerik wrote:Also.... the resource is to be questioned. NOWHERE else is reporting this.

The info came from a few operations department employees as well as multiple operations supervisors. I can't release their identities for obvious reasons. I wouldn't have said anything if I heard it from just one person, but I heard it from a lot of people.
coasterluver

Postby nathanaelerik » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Sorry,

the ONLY thing backing up your post is the removal from the website. Thats it.

No one can believe the generic "Oh hey i know a few people from this department and they said ____ was being taken out!"

and for god sake, if their worried about a ride being a safety/bad influence on the park they should focus on stinger and its removal and give hang time some tlc.
nathanaelerik

Postby jscll » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:11 pm

The evidence that hangtime is being removed is reasonable. It was removed from the website ride list sometime midday Tuesday the 17th. (The large picture is still there as of a couple of minutes ago.)

As far as safety is concerned, you should know Cedar Fair fixes all their safety issues with seat belts. :lol:

Seriously though, hangtime is worn out, and the company that made it, HUSS, is out of business (thanks Dollywood). There is a new, legally unrelated company named HUSS that makes the ride now, but I do not know if the parts are interchangeable at all. http://www.hussrides.com/classic-rides/top-spin.html With the amount of maintenance issues hangtime has, it probably got to the point that it makes more financial sense to replace it, especially if they have to fabricate all the replacement parts. Stinger, quite simply has not gotten to that point at this point in time, and is unlikely to get to that point anytime in the near future. (The Giant Inverted Boomerangs have been a lot more troublesome.) Vekoma not only makes replacement parts for stinger, but appears to be interested in selling more coasters with face to face trains in the future.

Hopefully we will not have to wait long, topspins are great spectator rides.
jscll

Postby dptalon135 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Various other parks have been removing their Top Spins in recent years as well. It's not that surprising to hear, considering Hang Time is one of the older ones out there. I wouldn't be surprised to see it replaced with something new by next season either - this isn't Six Flags we're talking about. Although the Joker's spot is still an empty corner ten years later.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby dorneydude » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Well, the are running out of rides to bring back to fill it's space...speaking of The Joker...bring it back...always missed that one...how about a Trambant?
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby jscll » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:33 am

The large photo of Hangtime at the top of the thrill rides page has been removed. Too bad, that was one beautiful photo. Hopefully the park will have some good news for us when they tell us about comrade Hangtime's demise.
jscll

Postby coasterluver » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Luckily, I happened to have saved that picture a while back. Here it is.
Hang Time.jpg
Hang Time.jpg (116.86 KiB) Viewed 9332 times
coasterluver

Postby disneydude » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:35 am

Sorry folks:

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2015/ ... e.html?m=1

Seems fairly legitimate and reliable. Let's be honest. We all knew it's life was limited.
disneydude

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:53 pm

They won't replace it anytime soon, just an empty hole for who knows how long. Remember Joker spot, Paratrooper spot etc etc.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Next

Return to General Discussion