New Permanant Haunted House

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

New Permanant Haunted House

Postby mandylouwho » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:39 am

~Mandy
"If you can't think of something nice to say, come sit by me."
mandylouwho

Re: New Permanant Haunted House

Postby dorneyflynn » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:25 pm

i heard something about dorney getting rid of desolation from haunt? does anyone know if this is true?
dorneyflynn

Postby Dorneyman27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:57 pm

The article said it would be used as storage except for Haunt weekends. Why can't they just keep it open all year? It would be popular throughout the summer to get away from the hot sun and would be a great ride for rainy days.
Dorneyman27

Postby dorneyflynn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:56 pm

because its not meant for that. this is just a building for another haunted house like for desolation. the year round haunted house thing is stupid bcause it just ruins the affect for haunt. every cedar fair park installs a new haunt building all the time i dont know why this one is such a big deal.
dorneyflynn

Postby Dorneyman27 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:28 pm

My mistake: I thought they were making it into a ride, I must have seen an earlier rumor because that was not in this article at all.
Dorneyman27

Postby Hooky965 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:31 pm

I get the purpose of the building, and the fact that it will be transformed in Haunt for different purposes, but I can't help but to think that a permanent attraction of this sort wouldn't be a hit. I'm not talking about a live actor-haunt-style thing, just an updated version of the ride-through concept. I really don't think that it would spoil what the haunt offers, as it would be strictly ride based. I saw what CF is putting into their higher end parks, and honestly that kind of interactive game experience is a bit of a hybrid...not a true darkride. I guess that's what I'd like to see again...an honest to God darkride. It would be cool to have one of those again.
Hooky965

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 pm

CEO Matt Ouimet recently mentioned that they plan to add new dark rides to all Cedar Fair parks in time.

Article
dptalon135
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion