Stinger stuck again

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Stinger stuck again

Postby omega » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 am

I was at the park yesterday when it opened and stinger was stuck by 11am. I'm not sure if they got it working again.
omega

Re: Stinger stuck again

Postby Yoshi » Sat May 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Were there riders on the ride when it got stuck? If it was more than a minor breakdown, they should consider giving up on it. It ran for a few hours on opening day last year before a major malfunction then being closed for a year, it opens for an hour this year before another problem.
Yoshi

Postby Hooky965 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:19 pm

If not even a partial season of operation, followed by a complete offseason of (assumed) work to make it reliable is still not sufficient to keep it in some realm of operational reliability, it really needs to be SBNO for this year and removed in November/December. I cannot think of another ride in this park's long and storied history that has represented quite the level of unreliable operation and negative perception as Stinger has. It may be time to cut bait, once and for all, on this one.
Hooky965

Postby Dorneyman27 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:57 pm

I was there today and rode it 3 times. It was running great and I don't think they had any problems all day. I don't know why it's so unreliable, but whatever they did last year hopefully will make it last for the next few years.
Dorneyman27

Postby coasterluver » Tue May 05, 2015 10:06 pm

I think that incident was just a minor maintenance problem, since it was open the rest of the weekend. If it gets stuck once in a while (given that it isn't up there for an extended period of time) I don't really consider it unreliable, its situations where its stuck for hours or last years incident that gives it the unreliable title.
coasterluver

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sat May 09, 2015 8:59 pm

Tear it down! when will we get some new coaster and not something used from another park? I use to be a season pass member but will not return to Dorney anytime in the future!
insaneaboutdorney

Return to General Discussion