New security measures, beneficial or not?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: New security measures, beneficial or not?

Postby Hooky965 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:28 pm

...or they (or somebody at CF) watches the news and decides to "up" the security based upon a perceived threat level. I know it sounds lame, and it's a spitball type of response, but they probably are doing that more for the perception of guests than anything else. In this case, guests probably spent at least part of the day watching the footage of a guy entering into what amounts to a tourist attraction armed with a gun with the intent to do harm. Those guests saw security taking extra steps at the gate on Wednesday. It's not too hard to make the connection.
Hooky965

Postby jscll » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:51 pm

It seems that Dorney Park is now wanding employees. I wonder if they are doing it to try to prevent workplace violence, stop wood carving with pocket knives, or to make guests like myself less annoyed about being wanded.
I know it is useless to wand management as they can use the maintenance gates. But I wonder if they have security wand them or if they exempted themselves.
jscll

Postby dorneydude » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:40 pm

It seems I always find myself posting sarcastically the last few years..sorry. DP has a place in my heart but the past 5 years with price increases, new 'old' rides and other changes have soured me. Nevertheless:

On the bright side, DP has lines again! :lol:

'Something hastily thrown together'..isn't that their mantra the last few years. :roll:

'New for 2017 - Security Scanners' - that's going to go over well, no doubt they will raise prices again. :evil:

Its just sad they can not afford to hire a half dozen folks to move the lines along. Look at each car and multiply by twenty...and the can't afford it? Where is the money going? They obviously are doing something wrong but I wish them well.
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Previous

Return to General Discussion