Season Pass Locker Rentals

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Season Pass Locker Rentals

Postby jscll » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Dorney Park has finally introduced all season locker rentals!
With a price tag of $99 USD, plus taxes and fees, this benefit will only take about four visits to pay for itself.
That is assuming you currently pay for lockers. As evidenced by the large quantity of stuff taking up often a majority of lounge chairs, a sizable percentage of guests currently do not use lockers on a regular basis.
The site is clear to mention that adding the feature to a Dorney Park pass is good only at DP, it omits to say any information for us Platinum Pass holders.
jscll

Re: Season Pass Locker Rentals

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm considering getting this. It will depend on if they keep the $5 discount for pass holders on a 1 day rental and if they still are going to have lockers for $5 after 5 pm. On most days that WWK was open until 7, I would get to the park in the afternoon and go to the dry rides first and then get the locker right at 5 so I had 2 hours to spend at WWK.

I wish they would go back to charging $2 per hour at the hourly lockers at White Water Landing instead of the $5 they are charging now. It was nice to pay $6 to $8 for the 3 or 4 hours I needed the locker.
Yoshi

Postby jscll » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:58 pm

After fees, the locker add-on comes to $99.99. I'm not quite sure why the park chose such a high price point. I'm assuming because they assume a family unit will only rent one locker, but with the high price point, they are pretty much guaranteeing that most families will not be able to afford/not be willing to pay for two lockers.
The website says the quantities are limited for all season locker plans. If the lockers plan becomes popular enough that the park becomes concerned they will run out of lockers in a day, would it not make more sense to add more lockers, rather then not selling more plans?
Personally, I hope this becomes so popular that the park adds another locker building along the wavepool entrance to the water park. (Yeah, I know I am dreaming. At least that entrance was open ever day I wanted to use it last year, unlike the previous two years.)
jscll

Postby dorneydude » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm

the park continues to look for nickels and dimes when they should be looking for something that will bring real $ to the park. Like some sort of new ride or coaster. (not left over 80's stuff).

Perhaps the numbers folks have determined a new million dollar investment will not pay for itself based on current attendance, area economics etc. Perhaps we simply should accept what we have and be happy I guess - it just seems pricey me at this point.

On the other hand, did you see the issue WDW has. So many folks are crowding the parks, in order to allow those paying the $$$$ to get in to actually be able to get o some stuff, they are raising prices to try to thin the crowds while still making the same $$$. What a problem for a business to have huh!
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Return to General Discussion