You know it's the offseason when...

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

You know it's the offseason when...

Postby dannerman » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:49 am

...you start a thread titled 'you know it's the offseason when..' so people have something to talk about.

...you take some leftover PVC piping from that do-it-yourself job in the bathroom, electrical tape, and superglue to make your own 58" height stick "for sentimental reasons"
dannerman

Postby UdoTch » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:54 am

... you get rehired. (okay...that's not so funny...but :-P to all of you)
UdoTch

Postby dannerman » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:04 am

...you go to the movies so you can buy a $2.50 20oz. soda and $4 hot dog
dannerman

Postby UdoTch » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:18 am

...you have to go to school/classes
UdoTch

Postby dannerman » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:24 am

...you borrow your girlfriend's bracelets so you can play ring-toss on the now-empty beer bottles left over from your New Year's bash.
dannerman

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:20 am

When you paint your kitchen at your pizza shop 3 times in 6 months. When your already planning for halloween in december and january!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby KoasterKid61 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:52 pm

...when you sit and stare at a wall waiting for dorney to open in the spring
KoasterKid61

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:17 pm

You mean sit and stare at a wall of Dorney Park posters waiting for Dorney to open in the spring :wink: . Or sit at the computer and watch the Talon & Hydra POV videos over, and over, and over...
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby dannerman » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:18 pm

...you drive down a big hill, raise your arms in the air, and yell "Wahoo! I can't wait to see the on-ride-photo when I get out of my car!"
dannerman

Postby UdoTch » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:03 am

...you have time to read these forums because you are not working from 9:30am-11pm every day.
UdoTch

Postby dannerman » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:18 am

...You go to the mall and ride up and down the elevator and escalators all day for fun.

...You go to the mall and "operate" the elevator for other people, reminding them to "Please remain inside the elevator until the car comes to a complete stop and the doors fully open. Watch your step while exiting, and enjoy the rest of your stay here at the Lehigh Valley Mall!"
dannerman

Postby UdoTch » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:31 pm

...the forums are basically empty for days on end.

...you start planning next seasons trip to your amusement parks.

...old posts get resurrected.

...someone IMs you that you haven't talked to in a long time and you type back 'Welcome back to my life. At this time please sit back with both legs on the floor until all the stories have been caught up. Thank You, and Have a Great Day." (Yes...I actually did that...)
UdoTch

Postby dannerman » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:40 pm

...you search online for the K*Nex roller coaster sets, and as many miniature amusement park rides as you can.

(Ok, so I don't have the roller coasters, but I do have some miniature carousels, ferris wheels, and the K*Nex flat rides set which includes a carousel :wink: )
dannerman

Postby dannerman » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:30 pm

...you get board with the K*Nex and splurge on a Coaster Dynamix set.. :lol:
dannerman

Postby UdoTch » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:55 pm

...you double post in a thread you created.

...get a projector and a video of a roller coaster ride, and you take turns with ur roommates sitting in a chair while the others move it around so you can still ride your favorite coaster.

...you do the same things with a swing and the Swinging Ship ride.

...You make your own go-karts raceway in your in the backyard of ur entire 'block'.
UdoTch

Next

Return to Chatterbox